Admissions: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The application deadline for Spring 2018 is December 15
Spring 2018 Classes Start: January 29
The application deadline for Fall 2018 is August 1
Fall 2018 Classes Start: August 29
- B.A. or B.S. in Geography, Computer Science or Information Systems or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with GIS-related work experience
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE is not required
Applications for the post-baccalaureate certificates are accepted for the Fall & Spring semesters. To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs.
- Apply online - Select Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
Request unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Submit Experience Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
The following information is required to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Use Program code PSGI for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Professional Studies: Geographic Information Systems
- Statement of academic goals
- Experience Form
- Unoffical transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Rickeysha Jones or call 301-738-6285