Biotechnology Graduate Program Admissions: Master's Degree
The application deadline for Fall 2019 is August 1st
Fall 2019 Classes Start: August 28, 2019
Biotech Programs Admissions Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or any subject with sufficient coursework in relevant life science topics such as foundations of biology and organic chemistry OR a bachelor’s degree in any subject combined with work experience in the life sciences. GRE scores are not required for admission
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 will be considered and possibly admitted based on strong professional experience and recommendations.
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Biotechnology >> Biotechnology (PRST MPS)
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Goal Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Current Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the online application.)
- (Un)Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Professional letters of recommendation (optional)
- GRE Scores are not required
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Shady Grove Professional Programs or call 301-738-6081